Skip to main content

Brief: Poster Design


For this mini project, we were given the task to make an A2 poster that present a joke in a unique way. The joke I chose was ‘What word starts and ends in ‘E’ and only has one letter in it?’. 


For this mini project, we were given the task to make an A2 poster that present a joke in a unique way. The joke I chose was ‘What word starts and ends in ‘E’ and only has one letter in it?’. I chose this joke as I thought they could be several ways to present this joke cleverly as a poster. I started out by doing some initial sketches of my ideas, with minimal detail just as a way of gathering my thoughts and producing a possible draft. 


With a lot of my first ideas, I felt they were too simple and easy to make, and I wanted to make it more challenging and effective. I wanted to make it quite interactive, either making the poster open like and envelope or having that theme somehow linked in there. After feedback from my peers and other people in my class, I decided to move towards making the type in envelopes. I had to consider the size of each letter so that it would fit onto an A2 sheet and making sure that it was easy to read. To do this, I used illustrator to find the right measurements and laid them out to make a 2D version of my idea. I then started to print off some of the letters and tested to see whether they would be readable when folded (like an envelope).


Evaluation



After more positive feed, I went ahead and printed out all 50 letters and cut and folded them before sticking them to a piece of red A2 Paper. Finally, I took pictures of the completed piece on the wall and was very happy with the outcome. I feel that for the purpose of the design, I looked very clean and effective, and was worth the time and effort put into it. If I was to expand on this, I would possibly make the full alphabet of the lettering for more depth to the project, and possibly think of way to make uppercase and lowercase type.  








Comments